Sun, 25 Feb|
Level up your Burlesque
Master your Audience play & engagement, work on stage presence, and take your dancing from a standard classroom dance to a performance. Suitable for Instructors & Customers. Members discount applies.
Time & Location
25 Feb 2024, 12:00 – 16:00 GMT
Rochester, Warren wood Social Club, 99B Warren Wood Rd, Rochester ME1 2XA, UK
About the event
Picture this: the spotlight is on you, the stage is set, and your audience is captivated. Now, imagine feeling confident, empowered, and utterly sensational on that stage. That's exactly what our workshop is all about - helping you shine bright during your first burlesque show.
A lot of you who are preparing for our Show in April have asked for a workshop to take your dancing from playing it safe in the classroom and dancing for your instructor to level this up and turn your dancing into more of a performance.
So here is it AND just in time before your big performance.
This workshop is suitable for both instructors and customers attending our show AND new dancers who are looking to get more into performing.
- Skill Enhancement: Our company director & Chief Mustang will guide you through advancing your techniques, ensuring that you not only impress your audience but leave them wanting more.
- Confidence Boost: Performing for the first time can be nerve-wracking, but our supportive environment is the perfect place to overcome those jitters. Gain the confidence you need to command the stage and captivate your audience from start to finish.
- Individual Attention: We believe in personalized learning. Our workshop will ensure that you receive individualized attention and feedback, allowing you to address the elements that you feel needs more work.
During this workshop we are going to be focusing on:
- The 2 styles of performance delivery
- The 2 types of performance executions
- Audience play V audience engagement and how to include them / carry them off
- Stage presence & performance set up
- Clothing removal - clothing of your choice
- Styling your performance & Costumes
- Assessing & reviewing all the above
- You will then be put into small groups (or if any of your show performance group have booked as well, you can work in those groups) to put the above into practice and for those of you in the show this will then allow you to go away and review your groups performance and make any necessary tweaks or enhancement to REALLY wow your audiences on the big day.
For this workshop will need to bring:
- A feather Boa - you can purchase one with your ticket if needed
- 2 items of clothing to be removed - for example this can be a bra, a sexy dressing gown, some long gloves, clothing garments with buttons or zips, Zip Corsets, items that can be undone by ribbon.
Clothingfor this workshop is whatever you choose to wear plus your 2 removable items. No one has to go down to tassels or underwear. If you are bringing a bra then this can be one that goes over a vest top for example.
Heels are optional - although i recommend you bring the footwear you intend to wear when performing.
Venue- offers free onsite parking and has a bar on site for both soft & alcohol drinks jugs of water will be provided.
Ready to level up your burlesque game and make your first show a memorable success?
Don't let this opportunity pass you by - become the burlesque star you were born to be!
Spaces are limited, so secure your spot now
Members price is £25pp - non members price is £35pp for the FULL 4 hour workshop
- Sale ends: 23 Feb 2024, 16:00 GMT
2 tickets are being offered. One for those who would like to purchase a Boa along with the ticket and one for those who already have a boa. Colours will vary & Boas will be mid range quality.From £35.00 to £40.00
- £40.00+£1.00 service fee
- £35.00+£0.88 service fee